Finished Goods Assistant
£25,758 per annum
Monday to Thursday 7am - 6pm
Friday 7am - 1pm
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, capable and experienced Finished Goods Assistant.
Your job will fulfil many roles and is a great opportunity to join a growing business with the perfect chance for you to take ownership & really make a difference.
* Assist in the control of stock in Finished Goods Stores
* Collecting, weighing and recording goods produced on factory floor
* Assist where trained in the processing of customer sales orders
* Assist in preparing shipments for dispatch
* Assist in organising transport, creating shipment labels and loading lorries using a Fork Lift Truck
* Assist department supervisor with communication to the customer for tracking of consignments
* Keeping the stores department in an organised and tidy manner
* Participate in monthly stock-takes
* Communicating with other members of the team to ensure customer's requirements are met
* Assist where trained in checking transport company invoices
* You will need to be enthusiastic, motivated, hands on with a "can-do attitude"
* Excellent communication skills
* Full driving licence
* Competent in the use of office IT systems e.g. MS word, excel & email packages
* Physically fit as a lot of box lifting is involved
* Hold a fork Lift driving certificate - Counter Balance and Pivot Aisle master
* Willing to have a flexible lunch and tea-break
* Good numerical skills
* Ideally have experience in a stores related role, a basic understanding of stores, packing and manufacturing operations and the ability to demonstrate competence to successfully carry out the requirements of the role
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.