(Grade dependent on skills and experience)
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions in Exeter!
A development opportunity has arisen within the Layout department for a Layout Supervisor, reporting to the NPI Engineering Team Leader.
Full training and support will be available for the successful candidate to support the leadership development (enrolment on the L2 CMI Leadership Award Certificate will be available).
* Supervision responsibility for the Layout department and employees
* Layout Department EH&S responsibility
* Project Manage and schedule departmental resources
* Develop and implement Proof Inspection strategies and Site Gauge Calibration strategies.
* Maintain/Approve Gauging Quality documentation (Gauge Manual) and Customer Layout Reports
* Maintain Training and Skills Matrix for the Layout employees
* Maintain EH&S records for department
* Manage Goals / Performance / Development expectations and perform performance reviews
* Dimensional inspection of products and tooling
* Producing FAI reports
* Applying first principles inspection methods and use of standard measurement equipment
* Using CAD software to interrogate models
* Dimensional calibration of measurement equipment
* Liaison with internal customers on a regular basis
* Attending training courses
* Assisting in resolving specification interpretation
* Implementation and budget management of capital projects
* Support Part Engineers with drawing interpretation and technical specifications
* A minimum of a HNC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline, with extensive relevant experience within an engineering environment/programming or equivalent
* People Management experience preferred
* Proficient in CAD (preferably Siemens NX)
* CMM programming knowledge (preferably Renishaw MODUS)
* An understanding of technical drawings including GD&T features
* Experience producing FAI reports
* Familiar with aerofoil inspection and terminology
* The ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Good maths and IT skills
* Analytical and organisational skills
* Meticulous with good attention to detail
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity!
Outstanding benefits package, free parking, generous holiday allowance and a top class employer!
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.