As part of our succession planning strategy we are currently seeking applications to fill a number of Automation Technician positions within our Engineering Department at the Shotton Works site which is 10 miles from Chester City centre.
We are seeking applicants who are able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team, have good communication skills and are self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Within the role, you duties and responsibilities will include:
* Working as part of a team you will be required to provide specialist engineering support to the manufacturing production lines.
* You will be required to respond to plant breakdowns, methodically diagnosing faults to ensure the line is running again as soon as possible.
* You will be required to carry out some design , software modifications and improvements to the plant equipment whilst adhering to onsite software management systems.
* You will use your skills to identify solutions to problems, you will be methodical in your approach and use the sites supporting diagnostics to identify root cause of problems
* Design and implementation of PLC code
* Commissioning support for major line improvements
* Writing/maintaining onsite Electrical procedures
* Executing new projects
* Conducting investigations into plant issues
Ideally you will have undertaken a time served apprenticeship and educated to a HNC level or above in an Electrical/ Electronic/ Instrumentation discipline.
You will have a minimum of significant experience working in a similar role or manufacturing environment.
Key Skills Required:
* Experience of working with Allen Bradley Control/Compact Logix OR Siemens S7 PLC's is essential
* Experience of AC or DC Invertor drives, fault finding, commissioning and programming
* Thorough understanding of relay logic and the ability to fault find from Engineering drawings - P&ID'S, Electrical Schematics and control loop diagrams
* Instrumentation knowledge, maintaining and fault finding control loops
* Some knowledge of industrial communication protocols I.e. DeviceNet / Profibus / Profinet / TCP/IP
* Experience of system testing and commissioning equipment
* SCADA and HMI development experience
* Methodical fault finding skills are essential
* Good knowledge of health and safety
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work on own initiative
This is an excellent career opportunity to join an Engineering Department with a multi-disciplined and highly skilled team, which has achieved World Class benchmark results for reducing levels of unplanned losses and optimum planned downtime.
The business is committed to investing in the ongoing training and development of its staff.
You will receive regular specialist training on existing and emerging technology in the automation field. Career progression opportunities are also available within this role
Our client offers their employees significant benefits packages.
For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* Quarterly Bonus - subject to business performance (up to 14%)
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Annual Pay Review
* Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
You may be also interested to know that we have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including gym membership, free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.