PRODUCTION PLANNING ENGINEER
Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm (35 hours p/w)
Salary from £26K+ (DOE)
We are looking for a Production Planning Engineer to join a world-leading manufacturer of linear motion systems and automation components.
Duties of Production Planning Engineer:
* Plan and schedule jobs aligned to customer orders and quotations.
* Provide delivery and lead time information.
* Ensure plans meet the requirements of the customer and are planned without errors.
* Planning systems / products onto machine centres for production.
* Specifying tooling, machining time, identifying tooling to be purchased for manufacture.
* Converting sales orders to correct route of manufacture.
* Liaising with the Sales Team and other production departments to progress jobs, resolve queries or provide updates on lead times.
Skills / Experience of Production Planning Engineer:
* Experience of use of AutoCAD or DraftSite / Solidworks to design or annotate drawings
* Microsoft Office, Outlook, Syspro / ERM systems
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Product knowledge is a significant advantage, would suit an apprentice, 'hands on' engineer who understands methods of manufacture and CAD
* The ability to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings is an absolute must.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.