Department: Credit Risk & Collections
Location: Port Talbot
Salary £40,000 - £45,000
We are currently recruiting a Credit Manager. The primary purpose of the role is to recommend, approve & manage customer credit limits within a specified international multi-market portfolio of customers.
Key responsibilities will include, but won't be limited to:
* Recommend, approve & monitor new & existing customer credit limits via the analysis of financial statements, credit agency information, market & supply chain analysis & direct interaction with the customer
* Provide credit risk advice & support to Sales & Marketing personnel at both an individual customer & market sector level.
* In cooperation with Sales & Marketing, personnel ensure the proactive management of exposure levels to approved credit limits are effectively operated and maintained.
* In conjunction with Collections & Sales & Marketing personnel ensure that cash flows are maximised by the prompt collection of due date values
* In conjunction with Credit Risk, Sales & Marketing & Collections colleagues ensure that all conditions of the credit insurance policy are adhered to.
* Visit customer premises in order to assess & evaluate all relevant information required to support credit limit decisions.
We are looking for a candidate with a high standard of general education. A relevant professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent accounting experience is essential, with membership of a professional credit management body (e.g. ICM) preferred. Previous Credit Risk experience is highly desirable.
Practical experience of SAP and PC-based computer systems required. Supervisory experience is preferred. Strong team working and relationship building skills and ability to prioritise own workload is essential. An ability to positively interact with customers at all levels in essential.
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Company Bonus
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Annual Pay Review
* Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.