Acorn Executive Search is proud to be partnering with Torfaen Leisure Trust in the identification and appointment of their new Chief Executive.
This post will lead on their strategic vision to deliver world class services, transforming the wellbeing for Torfaen communities.
This is a full-time and permanent position offering a salary up to £75,000 per annum. Alongside this you'll be entitled to 23 days holiday which rises to 30 after 5 years of service, access to a local government pension scheme with competitive contributions and membership at TLT facilities.
Torfaen Leisure Trust (TLT) is a company limited by guarantee with charitable status and is now entering in its eighth year of trading. They are responsible for the delivery of leisure services across the Borough of Torfaen and have five sites that include: Pontypool Ski Slope, Bowden Active Living Centre, Pontypool Active Living Centre, Cwmbran Stadium and Fairwater Leisure Centre.
* Working alongside the Board, to provide strategic direction and leadership, in implementing our vision, values and strategic priorities
* Build strong, strategic relationships with key stakeholders and other organisations that support the growth of TLT, including local government and politicians
* To identify new opportunities that will grow the organisation and build long-term financial resilience
* To lead, coach and mentor the Leadership Team to be a collaborative, high performing senior team
* To provide visible, inspiring leadership as a figurehead, role-modelling behaviour in line with our values
* To ensure the recruitment and development of highly engaged employees and a positive experience for our customers
* To monitor & drive organisational performance
In addition, you will:
* Advise the Board on all strategic and operational risks, and are aware of and comply with statutory and other regulations
* Ensure appropriate systems of governance are in place and are regularly reviewed and updated
What we're looking for:
* Proven track record of operating in a senior leadership role, preferably within the leisure sector
* Experience in translating vision and implementing strategy across an organisation, in a collaborative, all-inclusive manner
* Experience of driving and embedding culture change across an organisation
* Evidence of leading on, or having made a significant contribution to, successful commercial or business developments
* Significant experience in working with a wide range of different stakeholders and successfully balancing their competing needs
* Strong leadership and people skills, with ability to drive change and bring people with you
* Experience of making challenging, complex decisions
* Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence others & develop strong key stakeholder relationships
* Good analysis skills and resilience, being able to balance a range of activities simultaneously.
* The ability to work under pressure, with good resilience
Deadline: 29th August 2022
Please register interest on Acorn's website. A consultant will be in touch to share further information and progress your application. If you have any reasonable adjustments, then be sure to let the team know who can make appropriate arrangements.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.