Acorn Recruitment are looking for an Administration Assistant/Receptionist to work within the Cardiff and Vale Health Board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Meet and greet patients, relatives and visitors in a friendly and courteous manner, assisting them with enquiries and directing or escorting them to their destination, as required
* To deal competently and discreetly with queries either face to face or via the telephone using appropriate protocols in accordance with the Data Protection Act
* Recording messages as appropriate and ensuring that relevant staff/ team or department is contacted
* To deal with all incoming and outgoing mail, date stamping and ensuring incoming post is distributed in a timely manner
* To be competent in the use of the photocopier, scanners, fax machine and other office equipment
* To process new referrals and register on patient administration system (BEST) and update records as appropriate using current systems to include scanning and uploading documents
* To check patient details as needed on other NHS databases (PMS, WDS, etc.)
* To book appointments for clinics or home visits, ensuring all clinic capacity has been allocated in an efficient manner
* To cancel appointments in case of staff in availability due to sickness, urgent training etc., and re-book as per guidelines
* To provide reception, clerical, and administration duties, maintaining an efficient and friendly service to patients, relatives, and visitors
* To liaise with patients, visitors, staff, and external providers
* Support the manager and the administrative team in the administrative function as required
* To project the professional image of the business through demonstrating excellent customer care in all activities
* To provide support to a variety of members of staff (both clinical and non-clinical) working within the base
* Monday - Friday
* 37.5 hours per week
Pay rate: £9.50 - £9.65 per hour
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply now. Alternatively, call 01633 760123 for more information.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.