Job Title: Senior Audit Manager
Department: Audit and Assurance
Location: Port Talbot South Wales
Salary : £65,000 + Benefits
In this role, you'll promote high standards of control and efficiency across all functions by identifying potential risk areas, assessing unmanaged risk and providing expert and persuasive advice to management to prevent major business exposure, and seek continuous improvement by sharing good practice across the business.
You will also lead, plan, and manage Audit Staff & audit assignments to provide an independent view of the design and effectiveness of the systems of internal control. You'll provide audit reporting to Senior Management, the Director of Audit and Assurance, and to other Senior Stakeholders, such as our client's Chairman, the Board, and via to the Chief Internal Auditor.
* Assess business plans and developments to identify potential control risks and prepare a risk-based audit strategy and annual operating plan for discussion with management.
* Identify risk-rank and actively participate in all high risk business systems developments to highlight potential control risks and provide constructive and expert advice on their management so as to aid the development of effective systems of internal control.
* Monitor, review and approve each audit to ensure:
1. Internal and external quality and performance standards are maintained,
2. Areas of concern have been sensibly prioritised and that fraud risks have been considered,
3. Recommendations are practical, cost effective and followed up at appropriate intervals.
4. An overall audit opinion is provided regarding the efficiency and effectiveness of controls within the subject area of review.
* Persuade management, through expert and constructive advice as to the magnitude of risks identified, of the need to introduce effective countermeasures and where relevant, complete executive summaries and matters for presentation to the the Board & Europe Audit Committee
* Recruit & train competent audit resource (including Guest Auditors) to ensure that major aspects of the annual operating plan are met
* Provide relevant advice on the formulation of relevant Corporate Policy statements
* Conceive and implement new audit techniques and procedures where necessary to reflect business change and technical innovation
* IT literacy is essential particularly in the development/utilisation of data analytics and real time auditing to improve audit insight, coverage and efficiency
* Formal general management training at a business school is desirable, with proven experience in writing and reviewing detailed and complex reports which communicate the key audit findings in a concise and clear manner
* Provide ideas and recommendations to senior management for improving efficiency and reducing costs through the application of best practice, including the transfer of expert knowledge and new controls as developed during data analytics
* Educated to degree level or equivalent (Masters or higher preferred)
* The jobholder should be a qualified auditor / accountant with one of the recognised bodies (CIA/MIIA/QICA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CCAB) or equivalent qualified
* Previous experience of charity, community, or volunteering work would be advantageous
* As the position covers all risks relevant to the Steel Industry (Operational, Financial, General, Commercial risks etc) previous experience of working in an industrial setting would be beneficial.
Our client offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Annual Pay Review
* Annual Bonus Scheme - subject to business performance
* Private Healthcare Scheme
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
They also have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.