Job Title: CNC Machinist
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire (PO6 1TD)
Contract Type: Temporary to permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday, 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm on weekly rotation
Pay Rate: Market leading - highly competitive particularly with shift uplift
Acorn Recruitment is proudly working in partnership with Pall Europe Ltd, Walton Road who is seeking an experienced CNC Machinist on a full-time basis for their site in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global company at the forefront of exciting discoveries! This forward-thinking company encourages all voices to be heard and embrace different ideas, perspectives and experiences.
* Setting / operating / part programming CNC horizontal machine centre using Fanuc control. As this is not a large batch manufacturing facility setting is a major part of this role. Programs produced offline with minor adjustments required.
* Operating machinery within the Machine shop manufacturing component parts for filter housings.
* Record all work in the Pall database.
* Clock on and off each job that you work on.
* Reading engineering drawings.
* Self-inspection of finished product.
* Reporting any production issues to the shift Line Leader in the first instance.
* Any other duties as reasonably required.
Knowledge & Key Skills:
* Fully competent in Machine Setting.
* Ability to prove out new CNC programs.
* Ability to read engineering drawings and carry out self-inspection.
* Must have knowledge of working with stainless steel.
* Preferably a time served apprentice.
* Proven previous experience.
* Setting, operating, self-inspection, job recording, reading drawings Fanuc control, Milling machines
* Must be of a willing and flexible nature.
* This job may entail working on more than one machine within the machine shop.
If you feel your experience can fulfil this role and you are interested in working for a fantastic company, please send a recent copy of your CV to [email protected]
apply direct through the advert or call 01872 274844 and speak to Sarah for a totally relaxed and strictly confidential chat.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.