Acorn Recruitment is hiring an experienced Accounts Payable Officer in the County Durham area on behalf of our Health Board client.
The successful candidate will ensure that supplier's invoices and credit notes are processed promptly and accurately in accordance with the Trust's Standing Financial Instructions and the statutory obligation to ensure compliance.
Contract type: temporary, 3-6 months with the possibility of extension
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £17,100-£18,342 per annum
* Input of supplier invoices and other requests for payment on the computerised creditor payments systems as required
* Supplier's Account Management; being responsible for a set of supplier accounts, reconciling supplier statements against a number of computerised creditor payments systems and resolving outstanding issues to ensure that undisputed invoices are paid on time
* Responsible for ensuring that the reason for non-payment of outstanding invoices is established and is documented, together with the action to be taken
* Liaising with Trust staff to ensure invoices without orders are appropriately authorised and coded in line with the trust's standing financial instructions
* Liaising with Trust staff to ensure that confirmation of goods received is provided for invoices with orders
* Liaising with suppliers to ensure that all credits are received
* Checking high value invoices in order to confirm their accurate input
* Checking the VAT treatment of Creditor invoices, recovering VAT where appropriate under the NHS contracted out VAT rules to ensure the Trust minimises its VAT liability
* Any other duties as delegated by Senior Payments Clerk or Section Head (Payables)
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
* 5 GCSEs including Maths & English
* The ability to answer routine queries from a range of customers
* Good customer service skills with confident use of the telephone
* Accurate & speedy data input
* Experience within a busy office environment
* Experience in high volume data entry
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV to Courtney Redmore at [email protected]
or call 01633 760 123.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.