Technical / Engineering · Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Full-time Working Hours: 37.5 - Permanent role
Salary: Up to £50,000
All employees will need to pass an Enhanced DBS check
A great opportunity has risen with your client in Liverpool to become a Network Specialist.
As a Tier 3 specialist you will be provide advanced technical support to the Tier 1 and Tier 2 support engineers within the NOC. You will also play a key role in designing and delivering new or integrating into existing network and security implementations.
The Tier 3 Specialist will provide high level technical support for a variety of products and services with the focus of Managed Networks and Security, Data centre and Hosting and fixed connectivity supplied to our customers.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage in a pressured environment
* CCNA (or equivalent) / MCSA (or equivalent) is required, and working towards CCNP (or equivalent)
* A minimum of three years providing network/security solutions in a technical support role
* Understanding of the primary functions of networking equipment, i.e. Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and wide area communications
* Awareness of Check Point, Juniper, Cisco, Extreme, Huawei
* Knowledge of connectivity technologies (LAN/WAN/Wireless)
* Troubleshooting networking protocols
* Understanding of practical application of VLANs, switching, and routing
* Process Management - ITIL is highly desirable
* Shared compute and virtualisation technologies
* Willing to work infrequent weekends, bank holidays or Out of Hours to support customer requirements (TOIL or overtime payable in line with company policy)
* Experience within the NHS and public sectors is desirable
* 'Design Your Life' training and development programme
* Flexible working
* Company Pension Scheme and matching contributions
* Company Perks portal
* Private Medical insurance
* Life assurance
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus holiday trading
* Your Birthday off, on us!
* Health Club and Wellbeing Scheme
* Arrow Shares after 12 months' employment
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Technical Training Academy and E-learning
If this opportunity interests you, then please apply with your CV or get in touch with Abigail Williams at Acorn Technology.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.