Job title: Machinist (Engineering Shop Team Member)
Location: Corby, East Midlands
Contract: 6-month fixed-term contract
Salary: £30,000 plus 15% shift premium and benefits
Acorn is currently looking to recruit a Machinist for our clients Engineering Shop at their Corby site. The Engineering Shop provides services and support for our manufacturing operations. This includes general maintenance machining, roll re-profiling and preparation of test piece samples. This is primarily working with materials such as steel, alloys, tool steel, brass etc. The job holder will need to work a 40hr week on a 15 shift pattern, which covers Monday to Friday, days, backs and nights.
Role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Health, Safety and Environmental performance, adhering to the works procedures and PPE instructions / procedures and facilitating the team safety meetings
* Take an active role in CI, maintaining and improving safety and housekeeping standards
* Undertake safe operation of equipment and machines within the Engineering Shop, including basic maintenance
* Carry out machining work on a range of machines; CNC lathes/mills, specialist roll stand lathes, manual centre lathes, milling machines, boring mills, planers, slotters, grinders, drills, saws etc.
* Manufacture items to a high standard from existing drawings, within the expected delivery period
* Collection/delivery of test piece samples and stands around site
* Apprentice training within the scope of your skills
What are we looking for?
* The jobholder must be a time served indentured mechanical craftsman
* Must have experience of working within a safe system of work
* NVQ level 3 qualification in mechanical engineering
* Candidates should be experienced in the manual operation of lathes, boring, grinding and milling machines
* Experience in operating CNC machines is advantageous (Fanuc, Philips, Heidenhain, Siemens, Prototrak)
* Be capable of interpreting technical drawings and standards
* Be able to complete manual tasks up to 25kg in weight
* To work with COSHH regulations and have knowledge of substances working with them correctly
* Advantageous to have previous experience operating forklift/telehandler up to 8 tonnes (training provided)
* Advantageous to have previous experience operating overhead crane up to 10 tonnes (training provided)
* Valid driving license
Our client offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* Bonus Scheme - subject to business performance
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Annual Pay Review
For more information on this job role, please get in touch with Chris Hall at Acorn Recruitment.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.