Acorn Recruitment is hiring a Senior Patient Liaison Assistant based in the Bedford area on behalf of their renowned Health Board Trust client.
As a Senior Patient Liaison Assistant, you will be responsible for the planning of transport for future dates, and the control of ambulance service resources for the current day. Your main responsibility will be to ensure all patients on our transport get home as quickly as possible.
* Planning of transport for future dates
* Responsibility for the control of ambulance services resources, including volunteer car service drivers for the current day, re-arranging schedules where necessary
* Liaises between hospital staff, communications centres, transport offices and ambulance crews to ensure patients are conveyed in the most effective and efficient manner, and the service level agreement is always maintained
* Entering transport requests into the computer system
* Manages resources to ensure patients are returned home promptly
* Assists Ambulance Car Service drivers with any problems or queries they may have and liaise with the Operations Resource Coordinator
* Prints ambulance and car driver planned schedules for the relevant resource off the computer system each day and ensures appropriate resources receive the work
* Keeps records of all patient arrival and departure times at the hospital
* Deals with enquiries / complaints from designated hospitals and patients concerning ambulance transportation
* Assist in the monitoring analysis of the service level agreement and liaise with the Customer Service Manager in providing a focused and reliable patient transport provision
* A working knowledge of the service level agreements
* Undertaking 'front of house' responsibilities as patient liaison for the Trust, when appropriate
* Assist the Non-Emergency Services Quality and Complaints Manager as appropriate
* ISO 9001 / 2000 - Ensure that all documentation is completed in accordance with this standard. Assist as required in the completion of internal ISO 9001 / 2000 audits
* Undertake the training of new staff
* Manages leave requests and absence management for Patient Liaison Assistants
Essential skills and qualities:
* Good basic education to GCSE standard in Maths and English
* Keyboard skills
* Previous experience in the grade of Patient Transport Assistant and/or experience of dealing with the public
* Flexible and approachable
* Able to remain calm in difficult or stressful situations
* Good Communication and problem solving/ organisational skills
* Requirement to handle traumatic, emotional and distressing situations
* The post is subject to a criminal records bureau check (DBS), which Acorn Recruitment can assist with!
Hours and pay:
* This role is a temporary placement, initially for 3 months however may be extended
* Full-time position (37.5 hours per week)
* £21,730 per annum
Apply here, or for more information on this job role, please get in touch with Courtney Redmore at Acorn Recruitment.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.