We are recruiting part-time Plant Nursery and Forestry Workers on behalf of our prestigious client, Forestry England. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a uniquely natural environment as an important part of the team, responsible for growing and grading seeds and tree plants, for use in UK forests and across the world!
The nursery has a current annual programme to supply the public forest estate with up to 12 million forest usable trees. A wide range of mainly conifer and some broad leaved species are grown from seed and cuttings to meet this demand. The plant stock is produced both in the open nursery as a bare-root product and also containerised, grown in our poly-tunnel and glasshouse complex. The container nursery also produces up to 1 million rooted cuttings for use on the open nursery.
The rile can be varied as detailed below, however for the part-time role, you will mostly be sorting, grading, quality checking and packaging young plants and trees ready to be sent out to customers.
General nursery duties are;
* Taking cuttings
* Lifting seedlings from seedbeds
* Mechanical transplanting
* Netting seedbeds
* Grading young trees into different sizes
* Packaging finished products
* Working independently and as part of a team
* The ability to work in a flexible and adaptable manner is an absolute necessity for this role
* Bonus scheme - in addition to the basic pay rate to encourage
* Part-time hours to fit around school times etc
* Alternate Fridays off
* £9.80 per hour, rising to £10.38 per hour after 12 weeks
* Increased holiday entitlement, available after 12 weeks
You will also have access to Acorn Recruitment's fantastic rewards scheme, with cashback offers and vouchers for many high-street names, as well as free-to-enter competitions and a monthly lottery. You will also have free access to our worker well-being hub.
For more information on this job role, please get in touch with Mark at Acorn Recruitment, on, or email.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.