As a professional operational manager working at corporate level across the organisation with considerable freedom to act and interpretation of policy and procedures, the post holder will play a key role in leading the Information Governance (IG) function.
The post holder will have expert/specialist knowledge in managing all IG arrangements to ensure that the client has a managed and coordinated approach to IG across the organisation and with partner organisations in line with statutory and local regulations and guidance.
The post holder will have excellent communication skills enabling them to provide expert advice and guidance to the Board, Information Governance, and Information Management Group (IGIM), departmental leads and corporate departments and staff on IG matters.
Summary of role:
* The Corporate Governance Manager has a key role in supporting Health Education & Improvement Wales to achieve its aims and be responsible for maintaining the highest levels of corporate governance. They will ensure the highest standards of probity according to statutory and legislative requirements.
* The post holder will act as the deputy to the Board Secretary across aspects of the corporate governance function and will be responsible for the Boards assurance committees.
The key objectives for this role are:
* Arrange, produce and distribute agendas, papers, action logs, forward plans, minutes, and appropriate cycles of business for the Board and its Committees.
* Facilitate the effective working of the Boards by attending and minuting formal Board and Committee meetings, ensuring an accurate and appropriate record of discussions and decisions are taken.
* Develop and co-ordinate the annual programme of business for key meetings; ensuring they are aligned to best practice.
* Support the Board Secretary to ensure that Independent Members are kept in contact with on HEIW issues and act as a channel of communication and information for them.
* Provide coordination of and participate in relevant internal and external working groups and provide project advice, expertise and support where requested. Working groups shall focus on corporate governance, risk, and any other areas identified as requiring further investigation by either the Board, Committee or Executive team.
* Ensure that Committees of HEIW are properly constituted with clear terms of reference. Provide assistance to the HEIW Board and Committees in ensuring that HEIW's assurance arrangements anticipate, align and integrate all relevant risks.
* Support the Board Secretary to ensure that HEIW complies with the relevant legislative framework and ensures good standards of compliance with all matters of corporate governance.
* Act as a point of communication between staff and HEIW's Board reporting in a timely and accurate manner on corporate procedures and developments.
* They will ensure that timely advice and support is provided to staff and where appropriate provide information and assistance in response to requests on all areas of Corporate Governance.
£16.97 per hour
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, apply now or call 01633 760123.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.