Acorn Recruitment is hiring a Patient Safety Coordinator based in the Cambridgeshire area on behalf of our renowned Health Board Trust client. The successful Patient Safety Coordinator will have previous experience working in a compliance background, as well as being an excellent and clear communicator.
Job Summary and Key Roles
* The safety coordinator will be a key conduit between the central safety and risk department and all localities and departments in the organisation.
* The post-holder will work closely with the clinical quality, operational and corporate teams, and staff at all levels in the organisation.
* The safety coordinator will administrate and maintain central governance and risk management systems, providing comprehensive reports and timely information to the safety and risk department as required.
* The post holder will make use of best practice review methodology in order to ensure the identification of procedural and system weaknesses within the Trust, with root causes, contributory factors and lessons learned identified, support SMART action plans and for recommendations to be put in place.
* They will be advanced users of the risk management system.
* They will also support clinical quality activity and projects as required and contribute to the delivery of the Safety Enabling Strategy.
* The safety coordinator will always champion safe practices.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
* Degree level qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
* Significant knowledge of using root cause analysis methodology.
* Knowledge of risk management.
* Ability to deliver high quality results to agreed performance standards in a challenging and rapidly changing environment.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office to a high standard.
* Ability to retrieve and interpret and analyse complex data.
* Knowledge of current NHS policies, standards, requirements, and directions
* Ability to make decisions.
* Minimum of three years' experience of working in a health and safety environment or patient safety environment.
* Experience of formal incident report writing.
* Experience of delivering training sessions.
* Experience of contributing to projects.
* Experience in areas of security management.
* Commitment to continuous improvement.
Working Hours and Rate of Pay
This role is a temporary, ongoing placement.
Full-time position, Monday - Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Pay rates - £27,055 to £32,340 per annum
To apply please email your CV to [email protected]
or call 01633 760123.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.