Electrical Project Engineer
Department: Site Development Projects
* Reporting to the Senior Electrical Project Engineer Site Development and Projects. The purpose of the role is to provide project engineering support for the capital expenditure, process enhancement and plant improvement schemes, as part of our clients Manufacturing and Shotton site business plan developments.
* The Electrical Project Engineer position covers all the engineering stages from the initial project concepts to final implementation and handover.
* The job holder will also provide electrical engineering project and design support to the
Manufacturing Engineering and Site Services team as required, subject to priorities.
Principal accountabilities include but not limited to the following duties:
* Undertake design, development, procurement, installation and commission in responsibilities, as part of the project procedures.
* Prepares detailed governance structure in line with Prince 2 project management principles, project plans and progress reports.
* Development of detailed electrical engineering requirements and specifications for plant /process improvements and enhancements with supporting risk assessments, management of change documentation, process safety considerations and hazard/operability considerations (HAZOP'S).
* Prepares detailed project plans and progress reports.
* Prepares documentation applicable for the pre tender, contract placement, installation and commissioning stages. Refers to the Supply of Machinery Regulations, CDM Regulations and relevant Environmental requirements.
* Adherence to relevant sections of Tata Engineering Standards, HSE guidance and Codes of Practice as well as British and Euronorm standards
* Provides engineering and technology support to plant engineers and Manufacturing Teams.
* Maintains an up to date knowledge and awareness of engineering equipment developments and applications, specific to his/her job, and for the requirement of ongoing personal professional development.
* Liaises with Project and Engineering functions from other businesses within Colors or TATA Steel Europe as required.
* Production of Project reports, so all control information (scope/time/financial/risks) of projects are transparent to all the stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
* The jobholder must be educated to Degree or HND/HNC level as a minimum in an appropriate electrical engineering discipline, as well as experience as an electrical engineer.
* Preferably the job holder will have achieved Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status or be actively working towards this through the appropriate engineering institutions, as part of professional development.
* A Prince '2' qualification (or similar project management qualification) is desirable but not essential.
* Experience in the planning and implementation of capital projects, along with experience in the management and control of personnel and external contractor personnel is desirable.
* A working knowledge of the application of the supply of Machinery Regulations
* A working knowledge of the application of the Construction Design and Management regulations is desirable
* The job holder should be able to demonstrate excellent budget management skills
* The job holder should be able to demonstrate excellent Health, Safety and Environmental
Management & Legislation Knowledge:
* Exceptional communication skills - both verbal and written
* Able to work effectively at all levels in an organisation
* Problem solving and root cause identification skills
* Strong analytic and decision making abilities
* Ability to influence others and move towards a common goal or vision
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.