Acorn by Synergie is currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager (electrical).
* You will act as the appointed Engineer in Charge (EIC) to comply with EIS 5 High Voltage Safety Rules.
* The role will also give you the responsibility to lead the Plant Engineers assigned budgets and direct, lead, coach, develop and motivate employees to ensure the accountabilities of the area are delivered and to enable them to maximise their potential.
* You will have previous experience in Electrical Plant Engineering, Power Generation and Power Distribution techniques.
* As the Engineering Manager ideally be educated to Degree level but be qualified to HND level or equivalent in a relevant discipline as a minimum.
* An appreciation of the techniques, problems and standards associated with steel or related engineering disciplines.
* In particular, will hold expert knowledge associated with High Voltage Theory and Systems and their effect on the Manufacturing areas and their production patterns.
* This expert knowledge is necessary to be able to deal with the complex statutory and technically demanding fields in which you will operate.
* An in depth knowledge of health and safety standards and have good experience in using and interrogating SAP or similar computer-based maintenance planning systems.
* Experience of steel manufacturing/engineering is highly desirable.
Our client offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Annual Pay Review
* Quarterly Bonus Scheme - subject to business performance
* Private Healthcare Scheme (Individual cover)
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
We also have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.