Job title: Water Meter Reader
Location: Covering GU Postcode
Contract: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Temporary moving onto a contract-based role
Hours: Flexible, working between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday
Pay: £11.32 per hour + uncapped performance bonus
Do you like being out in the fresh air and travelling in the comfort of your own vehicle? Do you like to be part of a team but carry out work independently? Acorn by Synergie is currently seeking a Water Meter Reader on behalf of their client based in Reading.
This role will include using your own vehicle, and therefor you will need business insurance and a full licence with no more than 6 points. Your mileage will be paid-for whilst working, at a rate of 30p per mile. You will also need to complete a DBS and provide 5 years' worth of references.
* Visiting residential, commercial, and industrial sites to obtain water utility meter readings
* Your work will be allocated to you via your hand-held device and you'll plan your days based on the location the work is in
* Carry out visual inspections of associated metering equipment
* Recording all information obtained on an electronic device
* The role requires the successful candidate to undertake work involving working at height and feed-in tariff
Full training will be provided - both theory and practical.
In return the following benefits are on offer:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekly pay
* Uncapped and achievable performance related bonus
* Mileage paid at 30p per mile
* 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
* Uniform, PPE and Company mobile phone provided
* Full training provided at various locations across the UK
* Progression routes and Team Leader opportunities go out internally as a priority
* Access to Acorn's rewards scheme, with cash-back offers
* Vouchers for many high street stores
* Competition/monthly lottery
* Access to a workers well-being hub
For more information on this job role, please get in touch with Lisa Ansell at Acorn by Synergie.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.