Acorn by Synergie is hiring Café Assistants, Front of House Assistants & Local Tour Guides in the Aberystwyth area on behalf of their renowned client.
This client offers an exciting seasonal opportunity to work as part of a small hospitality team at a local visitor centre and café.
The successful candidate will have hospitality or customer service experience and will possess the natural ability to work efficiently in fast-paced environment.
What would your day-to-day work involve?
* To be a committed member of the team
* To maintain high standards of service, conduct and professionalism.
* To uphold excellent communication throughout the team and visitors
* To assist the kitchen team or any other area within the catering operation at Visitor Centre.
* Daily cashing up duties, ensuring that correct procedures are adhered to, recording daily income and refunds.
* Assist in enhancing the visitor experience by:-
* Delivering high standards of presentation and service hygiene in the café and associated areas
* Delivering excellent customer service across all areas, paying particular attention to café customers and educational organisation visitors.
* Responding to customer expectation, comments and demand if so required, and communicating any needs to the Office Manager.
* Assist the Office Manager in ensuring full compliance with Food Hygiene and HSE legislation.
* Assist with deliveries, stock and the associated checks required.
* Performing any other reasonable duties that may be assigned by the supervisor shown above, from time to time.
* If selected as a Tour Guide, candidates will conduct power station tours in accordance with required standards and ensure that exceptional customer service is a maintained priority.
What skills or experience will I need to apply?
* A clean, valid driving licence is essential.
* Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Level 2) or willing to undertake the online training immediately prior to agreed start date.
* Exceptional standards in Customer Care and Service standards
* General administration skills.
* Have a knowledge and enthusiasm for renewable energy, and the local area to visitors.
Working hours and pay rates:
* The positions available begin in April, Easter weekend until 30 September 2023 initially, with the possibility of extension.
* 0.00am - 16.30pm worked on a flexible basis according to the needs of the business, to include weekend working.
* £11.00 per hour
The client offers discounted food and beverages and discretionary overtime payment.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.