Acorn by Synergie is looking for an eager, self-driven and determined Materials & Stores Controller to join the Procurement Department of their prestigious client based in Quedgeley, Gloucester.
You will receive in ordered materials and liaise with Team Leaders and Procurement to maintain agreed stock levels. Handle the shipping out of completed parts to customers and maintain control over who has access to stock, always ensuring it is being booked out correctly.
Other areas of responsibility are:
* Receiving materials into the factory and acting accordingly - making sure the goods are delivered to the right place/person, whether to replace stock or for a particular work order.
* Awareness of which goods/orders will be shipping each day and from which department and progressing these jobs through the day.
* Processing shipping each day - creating a manifest and handling carrier.
* Arranging couriers for deliveries such as special delivery and collections.
* Ensuring everything is stored in a safe accessible and ordered fashion.
* Maintaining the Stores areas in a logical, ordered, and safe manner.
* Holding copy purchase orders in Goods Inwards and matching them up with goods received notes, highlighting any discrepancies.
* Forklift licence (Powered Pallet Truck/Counterbalance) - preferred
* IT skills, preferably using Microsoft
* Take pride in your own work and to strive to meet and exceed quality standards
* Be a team player and give help and support where possible
* Be reliable and consider the effect any absence may have on your team
* Always communicate clearly and politely with your colleagues
* Always wear the required protective workwear (PPE)
* To ensure compliance with all Company policies, processes and procedures and appropriate legislation including The Health & Safety Work Act and The Equality Act
* To be fully conversant with COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations and any controls identified through Risk Assessments
* To comply with any recommendations made by our Occupational Health Advisers to ensure your health and safety on site
8.30 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday with a 30-minute lunch break.
£25,000 per annum
Please apply with your up to date CV or contact Hania at Acorn by Synergie Gloucester for more information
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.