Board Members- Non-Executive Director
£4,500 per annum
Acorn by Synergie Executive Search is delighted to be partnered with North Wales Housing as they look to recruit three new Non-Executive Board Members to their Board.
The skills North Wales Housing are looking to add to their Board include: Finance, in particular accountancy skills General or social housing management Customer or tenant insight Working with people from diverse backgrounds or involvement in diverse communities or groups.
The Board are influential in helping to define organisational strategy and the long-term vision and goals of North Wales Housing. The Board will help ensure North Wales Housing listen to their tenants and that effective communication channels are available so their voices can be heard, and decisions are made in their best interest.
As a Board Member you will also monitor the performance of North Wales Housing to ensure that standards, goals, and regulatory requirements are being met.
* Set, define, and ensure compliance with the values, vision, mission and strategic objectives of the organisation, ensuring its long-term success and meeting its obligations to funders and residents.
* Satisfy itself as to the integrity of financial information, approving annual budgets, annual accounts prior to publication, business plans, financial plans, and stress testing those plans to facilitate the achievement of strategic objectives.
* Establish, oversee and review annually a framework of delegation and systems of internal control.
* Establish and oversee a risk management framework to safeguard the assets of the organisation.
* Operate collectively and collaboratively within a culture of openness, honesty, and integrity, providing constructive debate and challenge.
* Strategic thinking and leadership
* Committed to high standards of governance
* Communicate effectively with an open and professional manner, working with others, encouraging participation and respecting alternative views.
* Analysis and scrutiny of information
* Judgement in decision-making
* Able to gain support and influence through effective team working and build positive relationships
* Customer focus
* Local/regional knowledge
Whether you have sat on a Board before or if this will be your first Board, we would be keen to hear from you and to discuss these opportunities with you further.
Approximately 1 day per month and but must be flexible
* Application Deadline 21st May
* 1st Stage interviews w/c 29th May
* 2nd Stage interviews Friday 23rd June
North Wales Housing is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion on its Board to represent the communities in which it works and is also committed to working to reduce inequality as everyone deserves a decent, secure, warm and affordable home. Applications are encouraged from individuals with protected characteristics or from diverse backgrounds, and particularly from young people and people with disabilities.
For more information and how to apply, please look at the candidate pack on the Acorn by Synergie website for more details.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.