Acorn by Synergie is recruiting on behalf of a public sector client for a Night Support Worker on a temporary basis to cover maternity.
The Extra Care Night Support Worker will be a part of team providing night time cover in an Extra Care Housing Complex based in Aberavon, Port Talbot.
All support must be delivered in a way that promotes independence whilst enabling residents to maintain their dignity and individuality.
This role aims to provide support in collaboration with other staff members that empowers residents and enables them to live more independently.
The Extra Care Night Support Worker will be expected to undertake a wide range of duties and tasks. The nature of the role will mean that every day will present its own unique circumstances and, as such, the post holder will be expected to have a flexible and resilient manner.
Duties will include:
* Assist in promoting the ethos of activity based support and independent living.
* To ensure the well-being of residents based on their individual support plan by way of a call or visit
* To respond to residents in emergencies
* To respond to neighbour disputes and nuisance problems
* To provide advice on benefits available to older people including assistance with forms and liaising with Authorities
* To initiate and maintain contact with GPs, other health professionals, social services staff and other care providers
* To participate in the care planning process as appropriate
* To liaise with hospital and care providers to ensure any discharge from respite or hospital care is managed and structured
* To be aware of Health and Safety/hazards on schemes and take the necessary action to resolve.
* To carry out visual inspections and tests of fire equipment, emergency lighting and alarm system as required in accordance with the Group's Policy and procedures
* To be familiar and comply with the Group's Health and Safety Policy and procedures.
33 hours per week 3 x 11 hour shifts on a rota basis and will include sleep ins
£11.36 per hour
An Enhanced DBS is required for this role which we will support with
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, apply now or call Melissa on 01633 760123 for more information.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.