Acorn by Synergie is searching for a Maintenance Engineer to join their client, a manufacturing company based in Wigan, Greater Manchester.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and working alongside the Senior Shift Engineer, the purpose of the role is to ensure that the production maintains high levels of availability and up-time whilst operating in a safe manner at all times.
Duties will include:
* Carrying out all planned, preventative, and corrective maintenance tasks
* Responding to machine breakdowns, troubleshooting the issue and returning the machine/equipment to production as quickly and as efficiently as possible
* Investigating root cause analysis and resolving problems relating to machines, whilst providing support for process and quality issues
* Installing and commissioning of new equipment and processes
* Analysing machine performance and defining areas for continuous improvement
* Managing spares, procurement of maintenance tools, part and consumables
The successful applicant must be time-served and hold relevant qualifications.
They will also have dual-skilled electrical and mechanical experience, and extensive experience in a similar engineering role in a large scale manufacturing environment.
Experience of working in an ATEX chemical / process type industry along with and COMAH plant will be advantageous.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 08:00 - 16:30
Salary is up to £45,500 per annum
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.