S&You is delighted to be supporting Torfaen Leisure Trust that is seeking to appoint several voluntary Trustee's to their Board.
Torfaen Leisure is a well-established charity which seeks to promote sport and leisure activities within Cwmbran and the surrounding areas. The Board of Trustees is a key influence in the strategic planning, decision making and oversight of Torfaen Leisure Trust.
The Board monitors, influences and guides the overall direction of the charity, to ensure that it meets its legal and charitable obligations and fulfils its mission and objectives.
The individual appointed will be passionate about sport and leisure activities, and be motivated to make a positive difference to the work of the organisation. The successful applicant will also have some experience of a senior or lead role within a governing or representative body, or other equivalent.
They are seeking a Trustee's to provide expertise in one or more of the following areas:
* Sales and Commercial
* Marketing and Communications
* Financial Management
* Human Resources
* Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
* Risk Management
* Health and Safety
Areas of accountability:
* Make an effective contribution across all areas of the Trustee Board, always ensuring that the principles of good governance are adhered to in all aspects of Torfaen Leisure Trust's ongoing development.
* Contribute and share responsibility for the Trustee Board's decisions, ensuring that there has been full and complete consideration to all options within a context of risk management and sound governance principles.
* Make effective decisions using evidence, evaluating options, understanding wider impacts, risks to ensure the Board provides solutions that maximises return and minimises risks.
* Take account of the economic, financial, social and technical context to develop short-term and long-term implementation strategies that maximise opportunities for the ongoing development of Torfaen Leisure Trust.
* To adopt and follow a code of conduct that reflects Torfaen Leisure Trust's values that sets out expected standards of ethics, probity and behaviour.
* Demonstrate an ability to create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships at Board and executive level and with a wide range of private and public sector stakeholders - including (but not limited to) Torfaen County Borough Council.
* To play a leading role in the appointment of new Trustee Board members when appropriate.
* A track record of successful delivery at operational/senior management and/or Board level within a variety of organisations and sectors.
* An enthusiasm and interest for leisure and sport and an understanding of the positive impact the role of Torfaen Leisure Trust can play in supporting the Torfaen community achieve positive physical and mental wellbeing.
* Strong strategic insight and commercial acumen.
* A thorough understanding of corporate governance, risk management and the role Trustee Board members must play in ensuring the effective governance of an organisation.
For more information please review the candidate pack attached.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.