S&you is delighted to be supporting Parkour UK that is seeking to appoint 3 Non-Executive-Directors to their Board. Parkour UK as the National Governing Body (NGB) for Parkour/Freerunning, provide governance and regulation of Parkour/Freerunning throughout the UK, act as custodians of the sport/art, protect the rights & freedoms and promote the interests of Traceurs / Freerunners (practitioners), their member organisations & the UK community.
We work closely with partners encouraging and developing the safe and appropriate practice of Parkour/Freerunning in addition to working with local groups, organisations, as well as national organisations / bodies, local authorities, constabularies.
Parkour UK is looking to bolster the capability on the board by recruiting Non-Executive Directors to provide expertise in one or more of the following areas:
* Digital and Marketing - Experience and knowledge in Digital &Marketing in either commercial, voluntary or public sector context
* Legal - Experience and knowledge in legal, governance and /or risk management in either commercial, voluntary or public sector context
* Safeguarding and Governance - Experience and knowledge in safeguarding and governance in either commercial, voluntary or public sector context
* To attend all the Board meetings as the Safeguarding and Governance representative and any Extraordinary General Meetings as required
* Be prepared to read the Board packs in advance, forward any critical agenda items on a timely basis in advance to the Chair and CEO and be an active participant in the meetings
* Be ready to challenge traditional thinking, debate constructively and provide clarity and strategic oversight, as well as impartial advice and sound judgement
* Provide best practice governance to protect Parkour UK's reputation and to maintain integrity and high ethical standards
* Help resolve conflict by making persuasive arguments and navigating competing priorities but putting the success of Parkour UK at the forefront of decision making
* Be a critical friend and act as a legal sounding board to Chair and CEO
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for more than one role, please submit a separate application for each role. Please include the relevant job in the subject line.
1. An up-to-date curriculum vitae (maximum 2 sides of A4), which provides a summary of key achievements and responsibilities
2. A covering letter (maximum 2 sides of A4), which addresses the skills, knowledge and experience required for the role. Please use the headings used in the outline and be clear to reference how you understand and / or when you have demonstrated.
3. Contact details including an email address and suitable daytime and evening contact numbers.
Please submit the following to [email protected]
by 1700 on the 21st August 2023.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.