Job Title: Senior Specialist Engineer - Machinery Safety (Subject Matter Expert)
Department: Asset Integrity
Location: Port Talbot
Salary : £37,616 to £46,000 + Benefits
We are recruiting for a Machinery Safety Engineer (Subject Matter Expert)
The role will report to the Asset Integrity Manager, where the purpose of the department is to deliver Machinery Safety across our clients heavy industry business. A key element of the department is implementing solutions that help the business deliver compliance.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
* Management of the Machinery Safety Engineering Team
* Mapping out the forward focus for Machinery Safety Compliance across the UK wide Business
* Development of weekly and monthly reports on progress on improvement projects and compliance across the UK
* Presentation of compliance data and chairing of monthly steering meetings
* Developing and project managing improvement projects with the works area engineering and manufacturing teams
* Managing financial budgets inline with annual plan targets
* Supporting health and safety investigations, to understand root cause and the improvement actions
* Leading the development of machinery risk assessments and safety concepts.
* Support the business on CE Marking & UKCA.
* Develop functional safety from risk assessment through to validation.
* Conducting PUWER Inspections to determine level of compliance and provide guidance on closing any compliance gaps.
* Working closely with engineers and manufacturing personnel in works areas to achieve compliance to standards. This will be done, through writing guidance and procedures, giving advice and carrying out gap analysis and audits.
* Working with external consultants will also be part of the role.
* Studying drawings, risk assessments and calculations will be a regular part of the duties.
Ideally applicants will be:
* Educated to Degree level (Mechanical or Electrical)
* Chartered Engineer (CEng) Status would be desirable
* Have a formal qualifications and experience in Machinery Safety, for example Certified Machinery Safety Expert, Functional Safety in Machinery.
* Have a formal qualification in Health & Safety, for example IOSH Managing Safety or NEBOSH General Certificate
* Experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience in managing and implementing projects
* Experience in managing teams
Our client offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Annual Pay Review
* Quarterly Bonus Scheme - subject to business performance
* Private Healthcare Scheme (Individual cover)
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.