Acorn by Synergie are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant on behalf of a Public Sector Client based in Caerphilly on a temporary basis.
Support the Finance Manager and Principal Group Accountant in the provision of financial management information and advice to services within the Corporate Services Directorate and the Communities Directorate.
The provision of financial advice and accounting support to service managers including production of designated budget monitoring reports and management information, preparation of service budgets, grant claims and financial outturn.
Contribute to the effective monitoring and evaluation of designated service performance.
As the Assistant Accountant, you will:
* Support and assist the Finance Manager and Principal Group Accountant in the provision of financial advice and financial reporting to Directors and Heads of Service.
* Support and assist the Finance Manager and Principal Group Accountant in the production of financial information and budget monitoring information to be incorporated into reports to Scrutiny Committee and Cabinet in relation to designated service areas.
* Preparation of budget monitoring reports and provision of financial advice to service managers.
* Preparation of service budget estimates and provide service managers with advice and support in preparing budget saving options in line with the requirements of Council MTFP requirements.
* Prepare year-end accounts for designated services and support the Finance Manager and Principal Group Accountant in the preparation of Directorate outturn reports.
* Support services in the preparation of grant submissions and monitor expenditure on grant funded schemes and preparation of grant claims and liaising with outside organisations and grant funding bodies.
* Represent the Finance Team and attend and contribute to meetings.
* Ensure that relevant holding accounts are reconciled and cleared in a proper and timely manner.
* Delegate work tasks and supervise junior members of the Finance Support team.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:00
37 hours per week
Rates of pay
Pre 12 weeks £16.12 per hour
Post 12 weeks £16.47 per hour
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, apply now!
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.