Role: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Hours: 12 hour day shifts
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Barnstaple, North Devon
Are you looking for a job that gives you a good work / life balance?
Would you like to work just 3-4 days a week?
If you're looking for a career that offers a fantastic work/life balance, working for a successful manufacturing firm, with a competitive salary and benefits package, then get in touch.
Acorn is recruiting for 2 Mechanical Maintenance Engineers for their manufacturing client in North Devon. Due to increase in product demand and the introduction of a new product line, the company are looking to increase their team of Engineers to facilitate the growth.
In this role you will be responsible for a variety of manufacturing and packing machinery, including tool changes, line set-up, routine maintenance, break downs and line improvements. We are looking for candidates with a recognised Engineering qualification and relevant experience in the manufacturing sector.
* Provide an effective level of service to production by rectifying breakdowns, undertaking planned preventative maintenance, and contributing to continuous improvement.
* Undertaking machine modifications/improvements and equipment-based project work to improve performance and expand capacity.
* Responsible for the engineering performance of all production equipment
* Fault find and repair complex mechanical and pneumatic systems
* Carry out planned preventative maintenance within the laid-out time schedule
* Ensure Health and safety culture is adhered to at all times
* 24/6 shift pattern
* 4 weeks: Monday- Wednesday 06:45 - 19:00 rotating to
* 4 weeks: Thursday - Saturday 06:45 - 19:00
* 7 days off in a row on every 8 weeks rotation!
* 34.25 hours per week (10% shift premium)
* 12-hour days shift
* 07.00am - 19.00pm
* 4 days on 4 off continuous rotation
* 39.25 hours per week (28% shift premium)
* Previous experience within pharmaceutical or food processing is highly desirable
* Hold a recognised engineering apprenticeship qualification.
* Able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP)
* Ability to demonstrate a good working knowledge of mechanical and pneumatic systems
* Experience using computer-controlled process packing equipment is essential
* 33 days annual leave per annum (inc. of bank holidays, 25 + 8)
* Excellent working hours
* Competitive salary
* Annual performance bonus
* Employer pension contribution
* Life assurance
* Health Cash plan
* Subsidised canteen
* Free onsite parking
* Cycle to work scheme
* Stage 1 - telephone/ teams' interview
* Stage 2 - onsite walk site tour
If you are interested in this role, please either apply below or for more information please contact Rebecca.Benniso[email protected]
or call the Barnstaple office on 01271 343222.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.