Would you like a better work life balance where you can choose to work 4 or 5 days a week?
How about a working for a company where employee engagement is centre stage?
Acorn by Synergie is excited to be recruiting a Design Systems Engineer for their client, a leading global electronics company at their Barnstaple Facility.
Our client believes that advanced electronics is the key to a brighter, smarter future. Whether its advanced flight controls, smart surgical tools, intelligent vehicle charging or seamless automation everywhere, advancements like this come from the minds of passionate, creative people - working to a common goal, watching out for each other, and caring about making a difference in the lives of people all over the world.
Scope of the role:
As an integral part of the Design Engineering Team you will support the entire Product Design Process producing System Design Engineering Documentation.
If you don't feel that you tick all the boxes for this role do not fear, this role would also suit someone with a Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or even a Military background with relative transferrable experience, an aptitude for learning on the job and a can-do attitude looking for a new challenge.
* Analysis of customer supplied documentation for requirements capture
* Production of Design Documentation for initial Systems Requirements Reviews including:
* Design Specification
* System architectural diagrams
* Initial Project Plans including Development Plans, Verification Plan, Safety Plans
* Compilation of proposals and cost estimates, in collaboration with all appropriate functions within the business.
* Generation of Bills of Materials within the company ERP.
* Production of Design Proving and Compliance Documentation including:
* Factory Acceptance Test Document
* Design Proving Documentation
* Conducting Environmental and EMC Design Proving and Qualification at Test Houses (may include an element of domestic travel).
* Production of final Compliance Matrix and Qualification Test Reports
* Comply with all HSE requirements related to the role and work towards a zero-harm culture.
* Customer and Supplier Liaison
* Degree educated in a technical discipline, although an HND (or similar) with equivalent experience may be considered.
* Understanding of engineering and able to understand and communicate technical issues
* Strong IT skills (MS Office, Project Planning, etc)
* Demonstrated experience in system engineering of small to medium sized development projects.
* Familiarisation of core project management administration skills (gantt charts, etc)
In addition to adopting a great working atmosphere, our client is also pleased to offer a comprehensive range of employee benefits including:
* 25 days holiday statutory bank holidays
* Active Social Club
* Birthday brunch in the month of your birthday!
* Contributory pension scheme
* Free on-site parking
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Company share-save scheme (eligible after a qualifying period)
* Company sick pay scheme (eligible after a qualifying period)
* Profit Related Incentive bonus (eligible after a qualifying period)
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Assurance benefit
* Medical Cover
* Reward Gateway
* Enhanced Maternity Pay
* Enhanced paid time off to attend Medical Appointments
* Regular Wellbeing activities and Events
Dreaming of a better work/life balance? Our client are currently trialling a 4-day working week and during that time you can either opt in or out of the pilot. hours of work available are:
OPT IN - Monday to Thursday 7.15am to 5.30pm.
OPT OUT - Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm/Friday 8am to 1pm
If you are interested, please apply below. For more information and an informal discussion about the role please call the Barnstaple Office on 01271 343222 or email [email protected]
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.