The role holder will be responsible for writing and troubleshooting complex PL/SQL code, stored procedures, triggers, and functions.
The successful candidate will be expected to proactively monitor the performance of their Oracle applications, diagnose issues, conduct analysis, and suggest optimisation-based solutions. The role holder will also be expected to participate in large and complex projects. You will also be resolving database-related issues, such as performance bottlenecks and data integrity problems.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience with Oracle applications, including a comprehensive understanding of SQL, Linux, and database concepts. Finally, the role holder should have the ability to diagnose issues, conduct analysis, and be able to propose optimisation-based solutions.
Essential qualifications and skills:
* At least 5 years of experience in a similar role supporting Oracle applications
* In-depth knowledge of Oracle applications and associated technologies, such as SQL, Linux, and database principles
* Ability to diagnose problems, provide analysis, conduct optimisation-based solutions
* Methodological problem-solving approach
* Good judgement and an analytical frame of mind
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
* Ability to priorities and manage multiple tasks
Please note that this role is based remotely with ad-hoc travel to Exeter and applications are welcome from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of geographical locations. Security clearance will be required.
If you possess the qualifications and skills mentioned above and wish to join our team, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please send a copy of your resume and a written application with details about why you would be suited to this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.