***** PERMANENT POSITION *****
***** IMMEDIATE START *****
We have a fantastic new vacancy for a Transport Supervisor/Planner to join our prestigious clients Aberthaw depot.
As a Transport Supervisor/Planner you will be responsible for the daily scheduling of our South West based fleet . The fleet deliver bagged cement and aggregates to various customers that operate in South West of England and South Wales . It is the Transport Supervisor's responsibility to balance the daily order bank against the resource available to meet customer expectations. As a business, we must ensure the fleet operates in compliance with transport legislation and health & safety standards.
The successful candidate will be required to work Monday - Friday 0800 - 1700hrs. In addition to this, you will need to be available to take ad hoc calls out of hours.
Who are we?
Our client is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
How will you contribute?
* Create, execute and monitor the daily delivery schedule.
* Look to reduce cost through efficient fleet scheduling.
* Work with sub-contract hauliers as required to meet daily volume demand.
* Liaise with key customer stakeholders to ensure that operational requirements, KPI's and customer service are delivered on a consistent basis.
* Be the point of contact for operational issues (customer and driving team).
* Health and Safety reporting in line with company and customer standards.
* Legal Compliance administration and management of WTD and EU Tachograph regulations and vehicle maintenance.
* Ensuring all activities are carried out in a safe and compliant manner in line with company and legislative requirements.
What will you bring?
* Ideally have delivery HGV scheduling experience.
* Customer focused and able to deliver and exceed customer expectations.
* Self-starter, energetic, hands-on approach.
* Effective planning and prioritisation skills.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
* You will have a proactive and committed approach towards all aspects of the job and ensure high standards in health and safety, customer service and legal compliance are met and exceeded.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes our client great. That's why they also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Acorn by Synergie is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including career progression and permanent employment.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.