Fire Systems Design Engineer
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent benefits package and Bonus
Our client has successfully secured a very large fire detection and alarm system design contract, on the construction of a new nuclear power statio...
Our client has successfully secured a very large fire detection and alarm system design contract, on the construction of a new nuclear power station. Due to the workload, we are looking for Fire Safety Design Engineers to join their growing team.
You will be responsible for designing a compliant system and creating the supporting documentation for this, to include; drawings, schematics, reports and electrical calculations.
Location: Fully Remote working
Starting salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
* Your main responsibilities will include reviewing client documentation to ascertain the fire detection and alarm system requirements.
* You will then be responsible for designing a compliant system and creating the supporting documentation for this, to include; drawings, schematics, reports and electrical calculations.
* In addition, you'll attend internal and external meetings and offer support to the wider engineering function.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
* Knowledge of relevant British Standards, especially BS5839-1:2017
* Experience of designing fire detection and alarm systems
* Ability to read and understand project specific drawings and specifications
* Competent with Office 365 software
* A can-do attitude with a drive for progression
Additional skills advantageous to the role include:
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD
* Nuclear industry experience
* Project Management
* Fire Detection and alarm system commissioning
* Understanding of electrical principles
You will receive the following benefits by joining the UK team:
* A very competitive Annual Salary - market benchmarked
* Annual bonus
* Flexible working environment
* Healthcare scheme
* Perks at work
* Continued and actively encouraged professional development and training
* A culture supportive of ideas and innovation
* The support of a varied and experienced team
* A challenging and rewarding career
Please apply with your up-to-date CV for immediate consideration.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Our specialist consultant