Acorn by Synergie is searching for a Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Specialist (HSEQ) to join their client, a chemical manufacturer base...
Acorn by Synergie is searching for a Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Specialist (HSEQ) to join their client, a chemical manufacturer based in Cambridgeshire.
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, the purpose of the role is to champion HSEQ initiatives in the workplace, ensure implementation of corporate HSEQ strategy at site level, ensure legal compliance and that Company standards are achieved and maintained.
The role will involve interacting regularly with the facility managers, supervisors and other plant employees, acting in a coach / mentor capacity by providing advice and guidance on health, safety and security matters. Act as representative for the HSEQ team but completing regular site walk-throughs to maintain visibility and awareness. Playing a vital role in ensuring safety culture improvement and operator safety engagement.
* Participate in the development, regular review and update of the HSEQ Management System and health, safety and security procedures.
* Assist the wider HSEQ Team on developing technical and operational IMS documentation.
* Conduct, lead or organise workplace risk assessments.
* Contribute to root cause analysis (RCA) for accidents and incidents, and undertake incident investigation to learn lessons and implement improvements.
* Play an active role in the Internal Audit Team, conducting management system audits as required under ISO 9001/14001 and supporting the preparation and execution of external audits.
* Resolve site issues and assist in the implementation any new methods, techniques and practices arising from internal and external monitoring activities.
* Prepare regular reports as required on safety performance and departmental KPIs and in collaboration with the HSEQ Manager, monitor performance against targets and identify, recommend and help implement action plans as necessary.
* In collaboration with the operations team increase the level of accident / near miss / hazard reporting and the close out of the associated actions.
The successful candidate must have previous experience working in a similar HSEQ Specialist / Advisor role, ideally coming from a chemical manufacturing background.
A NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent is essential for this position. Bachelor's Degree (in a relevant discipline) preferred. Thorough knowledge of HSEQ laws, regulations, practice and standards. Experience of ISO 9001/14001/14001/45001/50001 and internal auditing.
In return you will receive a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits package with a mixture of various benefits to support your financial security, health and wellbeing including retirement plans, health programs, life insurance and medical care.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Our specialist consultant