Up to £14.00 per hour
A fantastic opportunity to work with our global client at their Preston site. This role is in place to load areas with materials and comple...
A fantastic opportunity to work with our global client at their Preston site. This role is in place to load areas with materials and complete manual jobs not requiring knowledge to run machines. Following a 4 on 4 off shift pattern including days and nights - however, flexibility is required as shift pattern not always guaranteed. £14.00 per hour for all shifts
These shift-based roles report to the First Line Manager ("FLM"). You will be part of a multi-skilled team, responsible to undertake daily / weekly / monthly manual activities in order for the department to meet KPI requirements for Safety, Quality, Hygiene, Service and Cost - behaviours through agreed ways of working.
Key Tasks: Responsibilities:
- Comply with all Statutory & Legal requirements.
- Comply with all Safety, Health & Environment requirements.
- Raise any safety hazards you see or are aware of through the correct reporting channels.
- Support the Risk Assessment process.
- Comply with any appropriate packaging or food hygiene safety regulations as defined by policy or legislation, such as HACCP.
- Comply with all Product & Process Quality requirements.
- Ensures that your area of responsibility is in line with the 5S standards for that area using clean as you go methods as much as possible.
- Prepare and load material in Equipment whilst ensuring the department delivers finished goods of the right quality, at the right time and at the right cost.
- Remove excess materials from the area including skips
- Bring materials from drop off points into work areas
Key Tasks: Accountabilities:
- Consistent execution of routine basic tasks (daily / weekly / monthly) within agreed ways of working.
- Work with attention to detail to agreed timescales.
- Work as part of a flexible team.
- Undertake any related tasks, as directed by the First Line Manager.
- Attend Meetings & Briefings as necessary.
- Comply with all documentation and transactions required to complete the tasks required to clean and load the line.
- Ensure that all internal customer requirements are met.
- Collect and prepare samples on required frequency
- Offload brewing dry goods materials
- Move materials to required areas to ensure smooth production
- Execute cleaning tasks (production areas, external cleaning of machines)
- Undertake product rework activities when required
- Fill all required documentation relating to material handling
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- General Certificate of Secondary Education ("GCSE") Maths and English, or equivalent desirable
- For successful candidates all loading training to be able to do the role will be provided.
- IT competent
- Effective team player, with the ability to coordinate and communicate within teams
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Our specialist consultant