Despatch/ Transport Coordinator - Nights
£28000 - £31000 per month
Acorn is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can en...
Acorn is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including career progression and permanent employment.
As the preferred supplier to our client, we are recruiting for a Despatch/Transport Coordinator at their Moreton Valence Distribution Centre.
The post holder has responsibility to deliver and support the transport operational plan throughout the night. Ensuring that all operational activities are undertaken in a safe, legal, and cost-effective manner. Meeting operational KPIs and network objectives ensuring that we meet or exceed our customer expectations.
Hours of work will be 4 on 4 off shift pattern (12hr shifts)
Salary will be £28,000 + £3000 night allowance per annum
* Carrying out general day to day duties relating to the transport function, including but not limited to,
contributing towards effective planning and organisation of vehicles and drivers.
* Efficient control of costs and planning to ensure the optimum resource utilisation.
* Despatch drivers /loads.
* Brief and debrief Drivers.
* Liaise with company workshops and service providers to ensure vehicle maintenance standards are met.
* Ensure EU drivers legislation is adhered to.
* Working unsupervised, continually managing time and prioritising work to meet tight deadlines.
* Data Input and use of computer systems.
* Updating customers with delivery details in real time.
* Assorted general administrative tasks.
* Dealing with queries and follow an escalation process as required.
* Filing and keeping of records.
Person Specification/Required Skills:
* Transport Planning / Operational background preferred.
* Knowledge of relevant legislation (drivers hours / Vehicle weights / dimensions etc.) desirable.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Flexible attitude to working hours.
* Good organisational skills.
* Good at task management and prioritisation.
* Relationship Player
As a Despatch/Transport Coordinator the benefits of working for Acorn by Synergie include:
* Acorn by Synergie Employee Rewards Scheme.
* Weekly Pay.
* 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
* Online payslips.
* Pension contribution.
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Our specialist consultant
Regional Logistics Manager