Production Team Leader
Acorn by Synergie is searching for a Production Team Leader to join their client, an electronics manufacturer and distributor based in Rawtenstall,...
Acorn by Synergie is searching for a Production Team Leader to join their client, an electronics manufacturer and distributor based in Rawtenstall, Lancashire.
Reporting to the Production Planning Manager, the purpose of the role is to manage and encourage a team of assemblers to meet the production plan.
Duties will include:
- Holding team meetings communicating objections and KPIs, updating team members on best practices and expectations.
- To make sure everyone takes ownership of housekeeping with area of responsibility, ensure company 5S standards are always adhered to.
- To ensure product quality standards are followed in line with company procedures to ensure conformance.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is completed in line with the production plan and quality standards.
- HR responsibilities including signing off time sheets, signing holiday forms and ensuring holidays are taken not compromising business needs. Report all absences and ensure Return to Work forms are completed on the day the employee returns to work.
- Ensure that productivity/efficiency is maximised through effective utilisation of people and resources. Updating of output boards and other KPI information where requested.
- Manage resources, ensuring stock in your area is effectively managed and controlled ensuring accurate levels are kept.
- Identify training needs and requirements. Monitor and manage performance. Train members to required standard.
- Comply with all H&S, Quality Management System and company procedures and proactively support process improvement.
The successful candidate must have previous experience gained in a production area. Knowledge and appreciation of Quality assurance procedures. Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques, good decision-making skills and the ability to adapt to and initiate/implement change.
The ability to positively motivate and influence others and the ability to keep calm and professional when under pressure is essential.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 7:30am - 5:15pm & Friday 7:30am - 12:15pm
This is a permanent position
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Our specialist consultant