Acorn by Synergie is a professional organisation encompassing recruitment, training and associated disciplines. Our aim is to identify and pursue the key objectives and needs of our clients, to translate those needs into an optimal solution and to ensure that the solution is delivered in a manner that meets the expectations of our clients and those who use our service.
Acorn by Synergie seeks to develop an ethos of environmental awareness and responsibility to all employees as well as the management of our buildings. This is based on recognition of the need to contribute at a local, regional, national and global level to sustainable use of natural resources and be cost effective wherever possible.
Our commitment to the Environmental Policy
To deliver these aims:
- We are committed to oversee and review our environmental policy and all of our operations and to set the future direction of our environmental practices, conduct monitoring and seek continuous improvement in our environmental performance.
- We are committed to providing information and appropriate training for and seek feedback from all staff on our environmental procedures and goals.
- We are committed to the prevention of pollution in all our activities by:
- Eliminating, reducing, re-using and recycling waste e.g. paper, plastic, toner cartridges.
- Reducing the amount of driving time by promoting car sharing, pool cars, conference calls and ensuring engines are well maintained in company vehicles.
- Energy using equipment is switched off after hours - computers / printers and photocopiers are automatically powered down using specialist software.
- Installing Point of Use water facilities within 90% of Acorn buildings reducing the need for bottled water.
- Ensuring surface water and drainage are not polluted by our actions.
- We are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental management system by monitoring our activities and auditing our environmental practices in order to improve our performance.
- We are committed to complying with all applicable legislation relevant to Acorn Groups' operations by identifying and applying the best available techniques wherever possible.