We are looking for a Finance Assistant with at least 2 year's experience at least in a similar role to support the Finance Manager in a prestigious, global company that is exceptionally desirable to work for.
As well as ensuring that that all customer delivery deadlines are adhered to along with submitting financial data within the required deadline; you will need to confident and adaptable in your approach you may be required to undertake additional duties as instructed by the Finance Manager.
You will need to be able to prioritise your workload at all times and complete the following responsibilities, which are non-exhaustive:
- Timely receipt & posting of all A/P & A/R entries.
- Daily/Monthly Reconciliation of all Bank A/Cs, and monthly reconciliation of Inter-Co A/P & A/R A/C's.
- Credit Control Management, Liaison with 3rd Party Vendors/Customers to resolve outstanding A/P & A/R Ageing queries.
- Timely receipt & posting of Cashbook entries.
- Identifying items in the GR/IR A/c to be cleared.
- Foreign Currency Payments/Receipts & Revaluation of Balance Sheet A/c's.
- Preparation of Monthly functional Expense analysis
- Daily preparation of manufacturing absorption report
Supporting role to the finance team for:
- Controlling Employee expenses via SAP/Concur software
- Posting & Reconciliation of Monthly Rebate Accruals.
- Posting of all Payments as and when they become due - VAT, Tax, etc.
- Preparation & Analysis of Intrastat & VAT returns (UK & Ireland).
- Assisting with preparation of UK monthly and quarterly financial reporting packs
- Other ad hoc reporting and analysis
Education and Experience:
- 2 years + experience of working within a commercial finance environment.
- Sound knowledge of core accounting principles
- SAP Experience (or similar ERP accounting software).
- Highly computer literate, in particular significant Excel capability.
- Part or Full Qualified Accountant (AAT or equivalent).
- Cost accounting experience
- Experience with Foreign Currency transactions.
- Knowledge of SOX Requirements
This position is permanent but hours and salary are yet to be confirmed.