Heavy Vehicle Assembly Fitter (Mechanical / Electrical) - Merthyr Tydfil - ongoing/long-term (temporary)
Rates - £13.44 per hour day shift
Enhanced rates for overtime, between Monday and Sunday when available.
Acorn Recruitment is working on behalf of a well-established international company providing land, air and marine solutions and support.
We are currently seeking a number of Heavy Vehicle Assembly Fitters who have a mechanical and electrical background gained from fitting and repairing heavy vehicles, large plant or aircraft.
The Assembly Fitter is responsible to the Cell Leader / Production Supervisor to perform a wide variety of electrical, electronic, mechanical or hydraulic product assembly operations on product assemblies or sub-assemblies in Merthyr Tydfil.
· Installing mechanical, electrical or electronic products, fitting electrical harnesses in a production environment.Working from technical drawings.
· Support the day-to-day activities of the manufacturing team, operating within Health and Safety practices of the company
· Record keeping, including recording of serial numbers to support "As Built" records
· Adhere to manufacturing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
· Understand and comply with policies and, procedures carry out work in a safe and diligent manner with minimal supervision
· Participation as a member of continuous improvement initiatives
Essential Skills and Abilities
· Good Mechanical and/or electrical aptitude
· Ability to read assembly documentation such as drawings and work instructions
· Experienced in the safe use of hand and power tools
· General knowledge of assembly operations
· Ability to work within a team environment
· Ability to work in a complex production environment
· Ability to work at heights, in restricted spaces and with cranes
· Good understanding of Health and Safety regulations
· Familiarity with workmanship criteria and the ability to distinguish acceptable vs. unacceptable product
· Good interpersonal, verbal communication skills to explain general information and effectively communicate with peers and management
· Hold, or be capable of holding, security clearance to the level of basic check
Desirable skills and abilities
· Experience of manufacturing environments, building large mechanical or automotive products
· Experience of maintaining, repairing or fitting out track vehicles is advantageous
· Prior electro / mechanical assembly experience is essential
· This is physical role and you will be required to work in confined spaces and at height
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a UK Security Clearance check prior to commencing duties.
Must be flexible to work a range of shifts and overtime when required.