An opportunity has arisen to join an international Aerospace and Defence company as an Electrical Design Engineer for an initial 6 month contract that is likely to be extended.
The successful candidate will be based in the Stevenage office, with occasional travel to the Portsmouth office.
This is a demanding role which involves developing some of the highest performing digital communication payload equipment available anywhere in the world, and be part of the rapidly expanding UK space sector.
- Technical responsibility for electronic design of analogue and power circuitry and power
interfaces for processor equipment, starting from the customer specification through to
delivered flight hardware.
- Commissioning of prototype designs at board and unit level, debug, characterisation and
- Generating design concepts and detailed circuit design, component selection, simulation
and schematic capture of analogue and power circuits.
- Working closely with the product responsible engineer and PCB layout engineers.
- Generation of documentation to support equipment design e.g. Worst Case Analysis, Parts
Stress Analysis, FMECA.
- Following design processes and supporting customer reviews, both internal and external
to the company.
- Educated to degree level in Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- Mentor Graphic Tools - DxDesigner / CES Flow, Expedition, Hyperlynx.
- Matlab, Cadence, PSpice.
- Knowledge of active protection circuits, magnetics, and DC-DC converters, preferably in
the range of 100V downwards.
- £42 - £47 per hour (LTD).
- On-site parking.
If you are interested in working for this amazing company, please apply online or contact Liam Hancock at Acorn, Newport.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.