Acorn Executive Search works in strategic partnership with the Welsh Sports Association in recruiting Non-Executive Directors for the Boards of their members' governing bodies.
Acorn is delighted to be working with Welsh Netball, in the recruitment of a Finance Director.
Time Commitment:Approximately 2 days per month.
Remuneration: Voluntary (with expenses).
Location: Board meetings are held in Cardiff; however, attendance can
be via digital platforms when needed.
Term of Office: 2 years.
Responsibilities will include:
· Ensuring Board decisions are taken with the financial stability of the
· Ensuring the organisations financial resources are directed towards the strategic aims
and objectives of the organisation.
· Ensuring strong financial management processes are in place.
· Ensuring financial policies, procedures and controls are implemented, maintained
· Helping set the organisation's mission, vision, values and strategy
· Ensuring that internal controls are effective
· Providing strategic financial support and advice to the Board to ensure all decisions
are made with appropriate financial considerations.
· To consider and advise on financial risk and ensure appropriate risk management is
applied to the decision-making process.
· To provide appropriate challenge and support to the short and long-term financial
· To provide appropriate challenge and support to the financial reporting process ensuring
the Board receive appropriate, accurate and complete information on which to base
· To advise on efficient use of resources and contribute to the organisation's investment
· Ensuring the organisation adopts and adheres to robust financial procedures, controls
· Assisting the CEO in providing additional support and advice where requested.
· Chair the Finance and Risk panel (meets 4 x a year, attendance can be remote)
The Board member with lead responsibility for finance should have:
· A recognised financial qualification, either ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified
Accountants) or CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants).
· An ability to advise on the process of establishing the annual accounts so that they
present a true and fair reflection of the organisation's actions and
· An understanding and experience of the roles of audit, both internal and external.
· An ability to advise the Board on the integrity of the organisation's financial control
and management systems.
· An understanding and ability to lead the Board on risk management.
The deadline for applications is Friday August 2nd Midday and interviews will take place with the CEO and Chair of the Board, on August 20th at Sport Wales National Centre, CF11 9SW.
Please submit a CV with supporting covering letter which demonstrates your suitability for the role to Jan Hughes at Acorn Recruitment.
Welsh Netball is committed to recruiting a diverse, skills-based board, and encourages applications from people from under-represented populations.
For more detailed information please download 'Role Description'.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.