An opportunity to join an international Aerospace and Defence company as a Process Engineer for an initial 6 month contract, which is likely to be extended.
As a Process Engineer in this company, you will be based in the Stevenage office. Your role mainly will be to provide Manufacturing Engineering support to the Operations teams within M-AIT as well as supporting the Manufacturing Engineering team deliverables for the production of fully integrated Satellite Telecoms and ENS Products. The main focus for this role will be electrical harnessing for thermal and electro-mechanical components.
* Provide Manufacturing Engineering support to Operations including working with technicians, Inspectors, team leaders and KPO's as and when needed
* Support the generation of standard documentation in line with scheduled needs
* Produce re-work instructions / deviation plans / discrepancies based on project requirements and identify parts and tooling required to carry them out(materials, tooling, requirements and methodology)
* Support quality reviews and Root Cause Analysis using lean tools, including driving and owning PPS's
* Support Lessons Learned exercises at key milestones involving all key stakeholders in phase (Operations, Process Owners, AIT Management, and Design)
* HNC level in an Electrical discipline
* A background in an aerospace engineering environment, preferably within the space sector
* High level technical skills and relevant experience
* Procedures and process control
* Able to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice
* Work overtime and occasional shifts, as and when required
* Able to support out of normal hours work using the "on call" rota process, as and when required
* Experience of electrical harness manufacture and manufacturing engineering for thermal and/or electro-mechanical components, including electrical testing.
* Use of Windchill, P6, IPS, 3D live, 3D experience or other similar systems
* Circa £25 an hour LTD / £19.19 an hour PAYE
* On-site parking
If you are interested in working for this amazing company, please apply online or contact Liam Hancock at Acorn, Newport.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.