Acorn Recruitment is searching for Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias to join our client, a manufacturing company based in Scunthorpe.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the purpose of the role is to ensure that the plant and machinery have high levels of availability and up-time whilst operating in a safe manner at all times.
Duties will include:
- Carrying out all planned, preventative and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Responding to machine breakdowns, troubleshooting the issue and returning the machine / equipment to production as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
- Investigating root cause analysis and resolving problems relating to machines, whilst providing support for process and quality issues.
- Installing and commissioning of new equipment and processes.
- Analysing machine performance and defining areas for continuous improvement.
- Reading electrical drawings and fault finding under pressure, PLC experience is required to be able to go online with the equipment and diagnose control faults.
The successful applicant must be time served or hold relevant electrical qualifications. The ideal candidate will also have some mechanical experience. You must also have a minimum of 3 years spent in a similar engineering role in a manufacturing environment.
Hours of work are 4 on 4 off 12hr shifts.
Salary up to £38k
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.