Acorn Recruitment is looking for a Rail Signal Technician to work permanent in Cardiff. The organisation is embarking on significant infrastructure & service improvements across South Wales.
This post will provide support to maintenance teams in response to alarms, alerts and scheduled maintenance activities. Undertake inspection, faulting, maintenance and renewal work to relevant standards. Manage attendance at failures/incidents in a timely manner to minimise any impact on safety or performance and maintain incident log for all disciplines.
This will be a 24-hour 7-day shift pattern.
* Establish and maintain appropriate safety arrangements for staff under your control including Contractors.
* Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements or other relevant instructions.
* Undertake work within your competence both within and external to the signal control centre, this will include covering staffing shortfalls within maintenance teams
* Check that the staff under your control have the appropriate and valid competencies including contractors
* Monitor information arising from remote condition monitoring equipment and liaise as required with Control staff, Signallers/Workstation Operatives, Section Managers and Engineers on fault analysis, response and prioritisation of entry into fault management systems.
* Input details of reported faults and incidents as they occur on the CVL network into the appropriate system. Manage the attendance of personnel competent to rectify the fault or manage the incident at site.
* Liaise with and assist those responding during their attendance and update and manage entries to close out of faults/ incidents in the system for all disciplines.
* Undertake SINCS Engineering Level 1 Reviews
* Provide technical support to maintenance and faulting teams within your competence.
* Liaise with Network Rail at all levels where faults, incidents and irregularities involve the AKIL / NRIL boundary.
* Carry out investigations into faults, incidents, irregularities and produce reports.
* Check that vehicles, plant, tools, equipment and materials under your control are fit for use and are used/stored and disposed of correctly.
What we're looking for:
* Experienced in Level 2 Signal Failure Investigations
* Experience with Signalling Incident Systems
* OLE experience - Desirable
* Strong understanding of signalling inspections, faulting, maintenance and renewal techniques
* Strong communication with the ability to effectively direct/manage maintenance teams
* Rail signalling qualifications
* SMTH - Desirable
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.