Platform / DevOps Engineer - Perm
Location - Croydon - some wider UK mobility may be required.
The focus of your role:
We want passionate, energetic Platform / DevOps Engineers to work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services using the best of open source software. We're looking for Engineers that aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in. You should learn quickly and love a challenge. Join us and help grow our already large and strong community of digital specialists, share ideas and innovate. You'll be surrounded by some amazing people and working in one of the best cultures that you can find.
What you'll do
* You'll undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services
* You'll work with great engineers - at the end of the day it's all about people. we have a team of great engineers who work together in a community and help each other to deliver and develop as professionals. We work on large scale, technically challenging projects.
* You'll work with great technology - the UK Government has an IT strategy based on user centric design, modern open source technology, continuous integration/delivery, and modern software architectures such as microservices and cloud technology to name but a few.
* You'll help us achieve our vision - the chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector.
* You'll get opportunities to develop and progress - working on large scale, technically challenging projects. You will be constantly learning through modern learning environments such as Linux Academy, A Cloud Guru. You will have the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognised certification and much, much more.
What you'll bring to the party
We are looking for Platform/DevOps Engineers with an appetite to extend their knowledge and apply new skills rapidly on challenging projects. You'll bring a broad range of experience in modern open source stacks, so don't worry if you haven't got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills, and a passion for developing exciting new technical skills, then we'd really like to talk to you.
Things we seek;
* Appetite for learning new technologies
* Experience debugging complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
* Good communication skills both in written and verbal format with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
* Extremely sound knowledge of GNU/Linux.
* Experience of building infrastructure in AWS using Terraform
* AWS certification (SysOps/Developer/Architect) - preferred but not essential
* Knowledge and experience of setting up and using configuration management tooling - Puppet preferred.
* Reasonable fluency in at least one of: Ruby, Go, Python
* Strong Understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools.
* Ability to converse with both internal and external stakeholders, holding the appropriate level of conversation at all times
Skills and experience
* Linux (RHEL/CentOS)
* Core Networking & Loadbalancing
* Python / Ruby / Go
* Jenkins / Bamboo
* Git / GitHub / GitLab
* Graphite / Grafana / ELK / Prometheus
* SQL / NO-SQL DB's
* Docker (Swarm / Kubernetes)
* HashiCorp (Packer / Terraform / Vault / Consul)
In reward for your dedication and skill set, we have a fantastic salary and benefits package for the right candidate. Flexibibilty, development, investment and trust that you are working for one of the best companies out there to develop a successful future and career.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.