Site Manager - Pallets
We are recruiting for a Site Manager working on a Pallet Manufacturing and Maintenance site in Coventry. This is a start-up operation and a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate to start, develop, and run with this manufacturing facility that work with some of the biggest names in the UK.
The successful candidate will assist the General Manager to lead and manage the site, striving to maximise productivity, quality and efficiency across the operation whilst ensuring the efficient and accurate process of pallets, meeting daily, weekly and monthly planned targets. You will aim to maximise health and safety, productivity, and quality through effective management of the operation.
Reporting to - General Manager Direct reports - Supervisor, Team leaders, Maintenance, Operatives, and Admin.
* Recruiting Staff
* Utilise available resources to allocate and distribute tasks.
* Providing hands on support to the shift as appropriate.
* Ensuring accurate recording of all staff hours.
* Undertake daily Health and Safety checks to ensure full compliance.
* Audit and record quality in line with customer targets.
* Communicate all operational procedures.
* Prepare all information necessary to ensure a smooth shift handover and ensure accurate reporting at all times.
* Complete return to works to help manage sickness on shift.
* Address any performance issues or training needs with Site Supervisor / Manager and HR department.
* Lead accident investigations, near misses and/or dangerous occurrences including HSE reporting.
Knowledge, skills and experience. You should be able to demonstrate the following:
* Health and Safety Qualification such as IOSH
* Good practical understanding of H & S.
* A flexible approach to work within a rapidly changing environment.
* Be driven and have the desire to take on the training offered by the company to assist in your role.
* Team player, with good communication skills.
* Well-organised and conscious with a flexible approach.
* Good analytical and numerical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
* Focus on Customer Service.
* Experience of disciplinary, grievance and absence matters, an ability to take a proactive approach to poor performance/capability.
* Experience in training new employees both on a one to one basis and group presentations.
Excellent Salary and package for the right candidate.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.