A permanent opportunity for an experienced Line Setter who is looking for there next step as Team Leader is required for a prestigious award winning company in the Devon area.
Main Job Function:
To supervise and develop a packaging team whose primary objective is to meet the packaging schedule while conforming to all product specifications and maintaining a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping, keeping product and material losses to a minimum, ensuring equipment is maintained and that all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to.
* To liaise with Packaging/Shift Packaging Manager to ensure rapid and accurate changeovers are carried out, and line preparations are organised in good time.
* To ensure that company Health and Safety rules and relevant legislation is observed.
* Ensure all operations are carried out safely in compliance to regulations.
To counsel and motivate team members to ensure company standards and rules are met, to achieve and maintain the highest level of Moral and Discipline
* To train subordinate personnel in order to progress their individual development and induction into plant and equipment. To ensure personnel conformance to company procedure, work instructions and quality specifications.
* Maintain training records of staff
* Conduct training reviews
* To ensure temporary staff are instructed in required job tasks and their performance is monitored
* Job inductions for temporary employees
* To ensure that product targets are met as per scheduled programme while maintaining the highest standards of efficiency, productivity and quality, and ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum.
* Maintain production records and monitor losses.
* Check production and sign off production to Warehouse.
* Train and supervise staff to ensure timely changeovers.
* To ensure that all line checks are carried out and production records are compiled in good time and to a satisfactory standard
* Collect, check and countersign records at the end of each shift
* To ensure that the Packaging area and all plant and associated equipment is cleaned and Hygiene standards are met and maintained
You will be expected to work inside and out, on varied equipment, and with some hazardous chemicals. Suitable Training, clothing and protective equipment will be provided.
Hours of Work
Basic 40 hr/wk working two days on two days off three nights on three nights off working two weekends a month
Experience, skills and knowledge
*GCSE's including Maths and English or relevant equivalent (minimum NVQ 2)
*Minimum 2 years' experience in a FMCG environment
*Information Technology Skills. Word processing, Spreadsheets, Database
*SAP systems experience
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.