Telecoms Payload RF Systems Engineer RF and Microwave Portsmouth Contract 12 months £30.70 PAYE/£40 Ltd Co.
The Telecom Payload System Engineering team is responsible for providing engineering support to the Telecom business line, for payload projects; payload R&D activities; proposals and for the development of advanced payload products.
1. Member of the System Engineering Team assigned to a telecom payload project; the role has a strong focus on RF System performance analysis, but also includes Electrical Systems and EMC.
2. Understand or interpret customer requirements.
3. Assist in the design processes for a telecom payload (for the initial phase of the project / if applicable).
4. Support the production of detailed equipment specifications; working hand-in-hand with Payload Equipment Specialist and Equipment Technical Authority.
5. Analysis of payload system architecture.
6. As part of a project team, perform RF analyses of payload performances.
7. Take part to the preparation of analysis data with relevant analysis tools.
8. Compile written reports or analysis documentation.
9. Review inputs prepared by the RF System team for the reviews with the customer.
10. Presentation of analysis data to the customer (in the context of customers' gate reviews: PDR; BDR; CDR; etc.).
11. Support the test campaigns and the analysis of test results, working hand-in-hand with the Assembly, Integration and Test operations team (working in clean room environment).
12. Lead investigation of technical issues or problems.
13. Provide support to other groups such as the Mechanical Design Office, Purchasing, equipment suppliers and Assembly and Integration Test teams.
14. Support customer and supplier design/test review meetings (in support of the 'Justify design and build' process).
The focus of the role is the delivery of a given project (telecom payload); but during some phases of the projects, it might be possible to take part to other activities, such as:
* Support to proposals
* Contributing to innovative Research & Development programmes
* Support / lead technical payload bid activities
* RF communication engineering
* RF Instruments; Test Equipment and Test technique
* Working within an environment controlled strictly through an established Quality system
* Microwave / high frequency RF engineering
* Knowledge of Satellite Communications systems
* An understanding of equipment fitted to the Satellite payload such as receivers, converters, amplifiers, waveguides and antennas
* Previous experience of tools used for the model of RF systems or Telecom systems would be a plus (Matlab; Octave; SystemVue; etc.)
* Modulation and coding schemes
* Engineering life cycles and equipment/system/payload or environmental testing
* Quality standards
* Proficient in MS Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel
* Able to integrate quickly to a team operating within a complex multiple stakeholders' environment
* Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability communicate effectively and to represent the team in front of the customer
* Capable of working autonomously against tight deadlines
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.