Senior Payroll Administrator
Permanent - Full-time
A new position has become available for a Senior Payroll Administrator with our client, a regional firm of Chartered Accountants based in Newport. The position is based within the payroll team that operates a bureau service for approximately 130 of the company's clients.
The key responsibilities will include:
· Processing weekly and monthly payrolls using mainly Sage 50 Payroll software but also Quickbooks and Xero (employee numbers ranging from 1 to 700);
· Processing Auto Enrolment pension contributions and assessing employee eligibility;
· Preparing pension files and uploading to a range of pension providers;
· Preparing bank payment files and processing payments;
· Producing documents including summary reports and journals;
· Issuing documents for employees including payslips and P45 forms;
· Understanding legislation surrounding tax, National Insurance, Real Time Information and Auto Enrolment pensions;
· Manually calculating pay from gross to net and statutory entitlements where necessary to assist with queries; and
· Dealing with enquiries from clients, their employees and HMRC.
The ideal candidate will have practice/payroll bureau experience however this is not essential.
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that the candidate can accurately process data, work well under time constraints and be flexible to working overtime as and when required.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
The interview process will be an in-person interview followed by a 30 minute payroll knowledge test on the same day.
To apply, please send an up to date CV to Rachel.Sheehy@acornpeople.comTODAY
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.